Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Wishes

Winter is here and the holiday season is quickly approaching. As Christmas nears, my mind automatically wanders back to last year. It was the happiest I have ever been in my life. With my loving husband and boo bear by my side and our little boy kick boxing in my belly. Decorating the tree and drinking hot chocolate while we talked to Kaden about how excited we were to meet him. Sitting by the fire as the house sparkled with candles flickering to holiday jingles. Waking up on Christmas morning to sweet puppy kisses. Opening our presents as we videotaped every magic moment. What more could a girl ask for? Life couldn't get any better on my cloud 9.

This would have been Kaden's first Christmas. He would have been crawling around the presents and giggling up a storm. He would have loved playing with all the bows and wrapping paper and following Nia around the house.

We have yet to watch that special video from last Christmas. Maybe we were unknowingly saving it for this year. I am sure we will shed both tears of joy and of sorrow as we watch and remember our sweet little angel.

The magic of being blessed with such a wonderful family and strong support system has made each dark day a little brighter, so much so that my sunshine is shining brighter and brighter everyday. Pretty soon there will no longer be any lingering clouds in my sky and everyday will be warmed by the brightness of the summer sun at noon.

My wishes this Christmas are: to find peace in my heart in remembering my baby boy, to rediscover that holiday magic that used to live inside me and light up my soul, to keep Kaden's little sister cooking for several more weeks before she decides to come into this world, to find my cloud 9 once again.

I know in my heart my Christmas wishes will come true.

3 comments:

  1. Christmas with out family is like gifts with out rapper, food without taste... smile without face and lots and lots synonym i can use. This time i am very happy that i moved to meet and see my family... GOD Bless my family and all those people who are far from their family on this Christmas.
    ALLAH give us many chance to be or stay together like christmas for all those who are followers of bible and Ramsdan and Eid for those who are followers of Quran.
    Every one do enjoy every kind of holidays what ever book you are following.. who ever you beleive.. but family is all the time important for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you and a little poem for you...
    May you rejoice in
    the Spirit of Christmas,
    which is Peace
    the Miracle of Christmas,
    which is Hope
    and the Heart of Christmas,
    which is Love
    Wishing you and all your Family a very
    Blessed Christmas
    Hanukkah is here! Candles rekindled; Faith renewed; Tradition preserved.
    May you find meaning in the season and peace in your heart.
    Happy Hanukkah!.
    With love, light and blessings
    Beverley
    Orlando taxi

    ReplyDelete