Saturday, December 29, 2012

Fingers Crossed

Two years ago today was the day I got my amnio. It was a necessary thing to do prior to my cerclage. I remember being so scared and nervous the doctor would break my bag of water. I also remember the needle crunching all the way through my stomach. Boy did it hurt! Afterwards, all we could do was wait....and wait......and wait for what seemed like an eternity for initial results. Once those came back, all we could do was wait more for final results. With fingers crossed, we prayed and held on to our hopes that everything would be okay and our little man would be saved. I don't think I slept a wink that day. My anxiety was running all over the place. We still had hope. I still had my son. I cherished every move he made in my belly. I held on to all my dreams of his arrival in less than 18 weeks. I held on to my faith in God. I held on to my husband's hand. I held my stomach. I held on to my sanity when thinking about all possible outcomes. I held on to Kaden's ultrasound photo. It was all I could do besides wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment